Monday, April 27, 2009

the funeral..

went to a funeral on saturday after a very loooooooong tyme.. probably ma 5th funeral.. it was chandan's mom.. not much related 2 me.. but it was more of a duty sort of thing.. ma deep condolences again.. usually hate to go to funerals.. i think most pple agree with me.. i basically feel tht our generation does not have the emotional attachment tht our past generations have.. got sick of funerals way back from the 3rd std wen ma grandma passed away.. i was feelin bad abt it n i cried once.. thts it once.. but since i was a little boy.. i had to sit near mom.. ma mom used 2 cry weneva a new relative comes into d house..the worst part was.. wen i try 2 escape her clutches she used 2 grab me n den weep again badly.. man hw much senti can u get.. n every 1 used to lecture tht.. "its okie.. take care" n stuff.. i got so bored n pissed off.. i always felt.. girls cry a lot.. ma sis the biggest headache.. am not declarin girls r more senti.. further i feel boys r more emotional than girls.. but its jus boys dont often show their emotions.. or atleast we try 2 pretend tht it neva happened..
funerals here in the north (rather in raipur) were very diff than wat i expected.. first of all it was not a open cremation place.. it was a concrete structure on which dey burnt.. not much of rituals..n there is dis 1 rule tht dey didnt follow at all.. once u have a final look at the burnin body n take a turn.. u shd neva turn bck n look at it again.. since i was born in a perfect hindu family.. i know all of dis.. in case i have made any blunders in hindu tradition.. forgive me.. coz i really dont care..

"If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
Then we'd see the day when nobody died

And I'm singing
Amen I, Amen I, I'm alive
Amen I, Amen I, Amen I, I'm alive
"
- if everyone cared(nickelback)

No comments: