Read the corresponding points back to back..
1. 10PM-3AM:- I would have definitely slept..
2. 3.15AM:- I go to the streets and burst a 200 wala to show everyone that i've woken up and to wake all the sleeping beauties.. 15 mins are for just lingering in my sleep.. or atleast until dad comes and says "go and wake everyone up.."
3. 3.30AM:- This is what exactly happens.. and i dunno the name of this proceeding.. my mom spreads a mat on the floor.. me, my sis and my dad sit on it.. my mom goes inside the pooja room and brings the necessary "godly" stuff.. she applies turmeric and kumkum on all our foreheads.. and pours a little oil on our heads.. my dad gives us 1 rupee coins and we have to put it on the plate which contains all the godly stuff.. my mom takes it eventually.. then comes the best part.. i get an oil head massage from my dad.. i wish i can sleep again.. eventually i take a bath.. all this would have been done by at the max 4'o clock..
4. 4AM:- I put on my new clothes and tease my little sister for a while.. then go out with a few crackers and wish everybody out there a happy diwali.. everybody.. from beggars to pple travelling in cars.. the TV would be on and instrumentals on a full flow.. my mom would have put her usual ettu pulli kolam.. nothin fancy.. a simple rangoli..
5. 5AM:- The street is probably flooded now.. the little kids are highly notorious since they go in bunches and plan wickedly and choose their target carefully.. unfortunately.. urs truly was once a target of these kids.. (reason: urs truly has once lit 5 atom bombs in succession and then threw the 6th atom bomb in the air.. they were jealous) So.. wen i was close to the gate,they had me distracted by some other kid who made me to watch him.. while i was watching him 2 more kids lighted 2 kuruvi vedis(a fairly good explosive) right near my ears and stuck them onto the gate.. n the two explosives blasted at the same time making urs truly deaf for almost 5 mins.. the kids executed the plan perfectly.. no physical damage done but completely deaf for 5 mins.. all i could see was them laughing around.. i still havent taken the revenge on those naughty lil pests yet..
6. 6AM:- My dad is now ready and would do some risky stuff to enthrall the kids.. he would hold the 200 wala in his hands until it comes to the hand.. funny that i've never tried that even once..
7. 6.30AM:- The munching starts.. when i was small they threatened me to wash my hands every time before i lay upon my hand on the food.. so i would wash my hands and then eat.. now tht i hav bcum lazy and more brainy.. wen i go into the kitchen.. my mom stuffs the food in my mouth and i continue with the fireworks.. ;)
8. 7AM:- Me and dad would start watching TV and all the crap morning interviews with celebrities they put on.. the munching is still on pple.. and then it is TV(solomon papaiya) and TV(matinee movie) and more TV(evening movie) till evening.. at times fireworks.. and the great feast.. i may even go outside to meet my friends..
9. 7PM:- after 7AM its directly to 7PM.. we light the lamps all around the house.. and am off to fire rockets and a lil bit of fancy stuff to light up the night sky.. we sleep off finally..
1. 12AM- 3AM:- Sleeping.. whats that??.. first of all this time was a lil bit different.. it was soin's bday.. so the usual party happened at 12AM.. we gave him gpl and ate his awesome bday cake as if we were scavengers.. u can check out that awesome bday cake here.. After that we start playing cards till about 3 AM.. every1 else slept..
2. 3AM:- We are totally stuffed with the 4 pound cake.. lazily me, soin and ela plan to get up, go to the street in an effort to wake all our neighbours.. we ignite the 100 wala.. the sound wasnt much but it shd have been enuf to wake em all.. our efforts go in vain.. not a single soul comes out for the next 1 hr..
3. 4AM:- No special religious proceeding.. we dont have a pooja room coz all are not of the same religion.. none of the hindus here are so religious where as the christians here are so religious.. neways.. no oil bath.. forget oil bath.. i didnt take bath the whole day.. soin took bath in the evening.. hari and rajesh perhaps took bath in the morning at maybe 10..
4.5AM:- By now Soin would have got around 4 calls from his home whereas i got 1 call through which i sufficed the need.. Since no-one woke up on our street.. we went to the tea shop in an effort to see pple awake on the auspicious day.. the chai wala was there.. we wished him and while happily drinking chai.. the rangoli-wala caught my eye.. took a few random colours and went home..
5. 6.30AM:- There are absolutely no kids still..
6. 7AM:- I really missed my dad.. but friends are the best substitute one can get.. me and ela clean the area in front of the gate in order to create more space for the rangoli..
7. 8AM:- Interestingly.. we just had 2 packets of sweets and 2 mixtures for the entire day.. not the kinda munching u had expected..
8. 8.30AM- 11.30 AM:- We saw the nayanthara interview on suntv.. one hell of a comedy.. the tattoo controversy was totally uncalled for.. then we saw the soloman papaya patti manram.. it was disappointing.. still not even a single cracker sound.. pissed off me and soin went off to bed..
9. 4.30PM:- Straight to work on the rangoli.. we didnt want some fancy design.. we needed a clear cut concept(alliteration aah..) it was rajesh's idea finally that came into play.. we finished with rangoli and then started the lamps(vilakku).. decorated the whole house with lamps.. u can check every stage of the rangoli and the decoration here..
10. 6.30PM:- Night is when the party began.. man u shd have seen this.. we were totally in love with the night sky.. All the rich pple show off with their money.. they burst only 10000 walas and fancy things that go and burst in the sky.. it totally rocked.. we bursted our small pile of crackers and went roaming around the city.. we took fotos of all the beautifully decorated houses and the rangoli.. our eyes took the pictures of all the good looking girls neatly dressed up..(wat can i say.. we're still bachelors..) in short.. it was a treat to our eyes..
P.S: I dedicate this post to my house mates.. rather close friends and fellow bloggers soin and hari.. if u wish to then plz take the award..
P.P.S: soin's real name is vishvak saen.. betcha lot of pple wouldnt know this..